Discover Volunteering at MOSI!
Are you interested in making a lasting impact with individuals and your community? Are you looking for volunteer service hours? From working the front line of the museum to helping behind the scenes, you will find inspiring experiences and discover how you and MOSI make Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) real for people of all ages and backgrounds.
MOSI is a non-profit, community-based institution and educational resource that is dedicated to advancing public interest, knowledge, and understanding of science, industry, and technology.
The Ambassadors are trained on exhibit content, and provide additional enrichment to our patrons. The primary job of our Ambassadors is to float on the exhibit path and engage with our guests, offering up new knowledge, and guidance for each of our exhibits. Hours of MOSI are 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
These Camp Ambassadors assist with our school break camps (no camps on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day). This position is 8:30-5:00 M-F for the week of the camp assigned. Camp Ambassadors are there to aid the classroom teacher with day to day activities and prep, as well as assist during snack, lunch, and extended care.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants will need to successfully complete a background screening
- Ages 15 and up
- Experience working with children preferred
- Previous experience working with volunteers preferred
- Experience working with the public
- $100 application fee applies to new volunteers or those with expired fingerprints
- $25 application fee applies to returning volunteers*
*Returning volunteers are individuals whose last shift at MOSI occurred more than 90 days ago. All returning volunteers are required to be rescreened before signing up for any future shifts.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to monitor, listen and respond to all communications in a timely manner; act upon requests promptly
- Friendly and professional demeanor